IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Xbox: Jewel Sanding and Polishing Guide Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TykSak

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kudo and question

quote:
Originally posted by Brick

Yeah, didn't mean to imply it was my idea...I read it on your tutorial.

Its just that some people read the the tutorial on XBS and the frezer trick hasnt been added there so they com here to tell me to add it and I did but I cant add it to the XBS tutorial.

Visit my 19" rack site

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2004 11:17
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alpha

controller port lights

Hi, does anyone know a website where i can see how to do the controller ports led mod, and the eject button mod??

Old Post 21-03-2004 19:53
alpha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alpha Click here to Send alpha a Private Message Find more posts by alpha Add alpha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

They should all be here theres also a search function that I find very helpfull when looking for a specific tutorial on XBS

good luck with the modding

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 21-03-2004 20:53
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barrin

tyksak about how long did you take for each sanding stage of the jewel?

Old Post 05-05-2004 00:14
Barrin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barrin Click here to Send Barrin a Private Message Find more posts by Barrin Add Barrin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Until it was level (removed the scratches from the larger grit sandpaper)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 05-05-2004 00:20
neonuke

Unhappy Fine Scratchs

Hey TykSak, great tutorial.

I tried doing it, do I have to use the exact same grit paper that you used? I've done the toothpasting, but I've still got lots of very fine scratches, how do I get rid of them?

Thanks

Old Post 26-06-2004 14:17
neonuke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for neonuke Click here to Send neonuke a Private Message Find more posts by neonuke Add neonuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

You have to get the jewel completely flat before using the toothpaste but if you have some Brasso you can try using that instead of toothpaste (it should sand better)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 26-06-2004 14:43
Microman

Hey Tyksak, great tutorial, just wondering about the jewel, after i got it poped off with the freez method and hitting it with my fist for about 20 sec , but the problem is that i have painted it already(the top bit) and i dont think i will be able to get a good sand job done on the top of the jewel, so if you have tryed useing that Easy Off stuff let me know if it works well and dose not cloud up the plastic

Old Post 29-07-2004 04:27
Microman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Microman Click here to Send Microman a Private Message Find more posts by Microman Add Microman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

You need to use something that is mild enough so it wont "burn" the plastic but strong enough to remove the paint

that oven cleaner might work or else try some iso alcohol

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 29-07-2004 20:09
Microman

Thank you for the information, I was just wondering after looking at your clear xbox and controller project to make them a translucent black, were did you get those or did you find away to make them clear

Old Post 29-07-2004 20:15
Microman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Microman Click here to Send Microman a Private Message Find more posts by Microman Add Microman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1ne

Jewel Removel

I tried to used the hairdrier method, but it was taking too long so, I used the household stove. I hovered the BOTTOM of the case top about 3 to 4 inches for 5 to 7 second with medium low heat. Then I used a butter knife and worked around the edge of the jewel for about 10 to 15 seconds, and re-heated; jewel was off and case was unharmed in about 90 seconds.... Used the hairdrier and 10 minutes, didnt even move.

Old Post 08-08-2004 17:04
1ne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1ne Click here to Send 1ne a Private Message Find more posts by 1ne Add 1ne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Microman

just use the frezer, put it in the ice box for about 2 hours and then hit the underside of the box lid with your hand(dont be afraid of it, smack it hard) and it should pop right off

Old Post 08-08-2004 22:22
please

I used the freezer-method too - worked like a charm - no risc as I see it...

/please

Old Post 09-08-2004 15:42
please is offline Click Here to See the Profile for please Click here to Send please a Private Message Find more posts by please Add please to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hellrazor

How do i open my xbox?

Old Post 24-08-2004 01:51
hellrazor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hellrazor Click here to Send hellrazor a Private Message Find more posts by hellrazor Add hellrazor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Theres 6 screws you need to remove (4 under the rubber feet and 2 under the stickers)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 24-08-2004 04:53