IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Xbox: Jewel Sanding and Polishing Guide Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TykSak

XboxScene Tutorials

Visit my 19" rack site

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 17-12-2003 12:15
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
metalmulisha13

what up man?!

Old Post 20-12-2003 02:06
metalmulisha13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for metalmulisha13 Click here to Send metalmulisha13 a Private Message Visit metalmulisha13's homepage! Find more posts by metalmulisha13 Add metalmulisha13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
F1xXx3r

If you dont get rid of the cloudiness or the fog look it makes the leds kinda glow through it, it looks really cool just as long you sand the back evenly

Old Post 05-01-2004 15:00
F1xXx3r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for F1xXx3r Click here to Send F1xXx3r a Private Message Find more posts by F1xXx3r Add F1xXx3r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raiden

Just use Goof off to get the paint out. Just be careful not to rub it on your hands.

Old Post 06-01-2004 00:48
Raiden is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Raiden Click here to Send Raiden a Private Message Visit Raiden's homepage! Find more posts by Raiden Add Raiden to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
silvertiles

sup

Sup guys. I'm new here.

I'm thinking of taking my xbox jewel off and sanding it. (It looks like sanding has better results, especially how clear TykSak's jewel turned out) Call me stupid but I don't get one of his directions. Could you please explain it to me? The one about hotglueing the sandpaper to a hard surface. How does that help me get better control of sanding it? I know it may be an easy question but I haven't sanded much before so I don't know. Thanks.

I used to hate going to weddings, old people would whisper "You're next" into my ear. They stopped when I started doing it to them at funerals.

Old Post 15-01-2004 00:16
silvertiles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for silvertiles Click here to Send silvertiles a Private Message Find more posts by silvertiles Add silvertiles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat11

Tyksak
i was wondering, when you bought the cases from llamma.com did you get the loaded one, or the bare one? Does the bare one not have the silver power button? Also, what language are you guys speaking?

Old Post 15-01-2004 14:12
hat11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat11 Click here to Send hat11 a Private Message Find more posts by hat11 Add hat11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

They all come with buttons but without DVD face plates and we speak danish!

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 15-01-2004 14:29
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phatboy

Hey guys I ahd a question, does anyone know how to take of the Chrome xbox logo on the jewel after making it clear?

Old Post 03-03-2004 23:33
Phatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phatboy Click here to Send Phatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Phatboy Add Phatboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Toothpicks and something that will "soften" the metallic paint but wont cloud the plastic

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 04-03-2004 14:14
Phatboy

Thanx..............!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 04-03-2004 18:38
Phatboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phatboy Click here to Send Phatboy a Private Message Find more posts by Phatboy Add Phatboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brick

Thumbs up Kudo and question

TykSak,

I'm new to the XBOX modding scene, but I had to take a minute to pat you on the back for the awsome cases and advice.

I'm preparing to paint my case and I'm just about ready to attempt to remove the jewel . I plan on following your guide, but the one question I've not seen answered yet is, how do you remount the jewel ? I have a dremel and plan on leaving a nice lip for it to rest, but how do you secure it to the XBOX top?

Anway, once my paint job is complete, I'll post some images.

Thanks again!

Brick

Old Post 09-03-2004 08:59
Brick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brick Click here to Send Brick a Private Message Find more posts by Brick Add Brick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Re: Kudo and question

quote:
Originally posted by Brick
I have a dremel and plan on leaving a nice lip for it to rest, but how do you secure it to the XBOX top?

I prefer to use epoxy coz it stays clear and doesnt cloud the jewel like crazy glue

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 09-03-2004 12:22
Brick

Re: Re: Kudo and question

quote:
Originally posted by TykSak

I prefer to use epoxy coz it stays clear and doesnt cloud the jewel like crazy glue

Thanks, I'll try that. Oh and now the update...I used the freezer method to remove my jewel and it worked perfectly. This has to be the easiest method I've ever heard of. I froze the top for about 2 hours then in about 3 min of pounding with a hammer it popped right off. After 240, 400, 600, 1000 and 1200 sand paper, the jewel looks just right.

Next step, painting. I've already dismantled the box and coated each piece with plastic primer...tomorrow I apply the paint. Wish me luck!

Old Post 09-03-2004 21:24
Brick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brick Click here to Send Brick a Private Message Find more posts by Brick Add Brick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Re: Re: Re: Kudo and question

quote:
Originally posted by Brick
This has to be the easiest method I've ever heard of. I froze the top for about 2 hours then in about 3 min of pounding with a hammer it popped right off.

Its all on the first page of this tutorial

And good luck with tha painting!

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 09-03-2004 22:25
Brick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kudo and question

quote:
Originally posted by TykSak

Its all on the first page of this tutorial

And good luck with tha painting!

Yeah, didn't mean to imply it was my idea...I read it on your tutorial.

Old Post 10-03-2004 11:00