IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Xbox: Jewel Sanding and Polishing Guide Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Duel
Co Admin

Thumbs up

The fan looks really great.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 14-08-2003 05:34
Bob Duel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Duel Click here to Send Bob Duel a Private Message Visit Bob Duel's homepage! Find more posts by Bob Duel Add Bob Duel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sruelite

AHHHHH

Hay ppl i cant get my cover off my xbox any help?

Old Post 14-08-2003 16:31
sruelite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sruelite Click here to Send sruelite a Private Message Find more posts by sruelite Add sruelite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Remove the six (6) screws 4 under the feet and 2 under stickers

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 14-08-2003 16:40
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pharcyde

?? cover or jewel? if your talking jewel then just need some patience. heat the back with blow dryer till very warm (even hot) to touch. slowly work your way underneath and around the jewel with a plastic shim, razor or small flathead screwdriver. it takes time and it's easy to damage jewel so just be patient. it will eventually just pop off but ya gotta work it.

Old Post 14-08-2003 16:42
pharcyde is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pharcyde Click here to Send pharcyde a Private Message Find more posts by pharcyde Add pharcyde to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sruelite

thanks

thanks ppl i have no done it woooo hoooo, any probs ill holla thanks again

Old Post 14-08-2003 16:59
sruelite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sruelite Click here to Send sruelite a Private Message Find more posts by sruelite Add sruelite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sruelite

lights

i have now taken the jewal out now and cleaned it and so on, i have made a hole in the xbox please can u tell me were and wot to go to to get leds for it thanks. i am from the uk

Old Post 14-08-2003 19:13
rambo_rules86

need some help

yes, that tutorial works and it is great that someone has posted somehting liek that. Although I am having some trouble. First of all, After you get the jewel off and get the circular hole cut (where the jewel once was), how do you put the jewel back into the hole without it falling through? Also, I just went out the radio shack and bought 4 led red lights and some rainbow cable and was wondering if I needed anything else and how to place the lights and where to solder the lights to. Any help is greatly appreciated because I am done painting, just waniting to put the lights in.

Old Post 16-08-2003 23:44
rambo_rules86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rambo_rules86 Click here to Send rambo_rules86 a Private Message Find more posts by rambo_rules86 Add rambo_rules86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

You should leave a ledge for the jewel to rest on

But if you already cut everything out take a CD case and a piece of it under the hole so the jewel will sit on that

Just hot glue the LEDs along the side of the jewel so the beam of light hits the jewel (use the 5v or 12v supply WITH a resistor)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 17-08-2003 12:16
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rambo_rules86

Thanks, also I have seen a web site that sells the top jewel kit and wondering if that would just be easier to buy that and have all the materials? (http://www.401error.com/401error/xb...hoppingcart.cfm) Also do you have any pictures on where to solder those wires to on the motherboard? Any other advice is appreciated and I should have some pictures up soon.

Old Post 17-08-2003 17:08
rambo_rules86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rambo_rules86 Click here to Send rambo_rules86 a Private Message Find more posts by rambo_rules86 Add rambo_rules86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

If you buy the finished kit you will also get instructions how to fit it (let me know what you decide)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 17-08-2003 18:13
rambo_rules86

Yes, I will most likely buy the kit because it looks like it would give it the best look (considering I have never put in LEDs before), although with all of the new purchases I don't have the cash right now but within a couple of weeks, you can expect a purchase. Also, whenever you cut the slits in the xbox's top, did you just use a dremel? I am not about to try it because it will turn out in defiante failure, yet I was still interested?

Old Post 17-08-2003 18:41
TykSak

Im not the 401error guy (I just quoted his page) but I think he used a CNC drill to make the lines (its very hard to do strait lines with a Dremel)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 17-08-2003 19:09
rambo_rules86

WOO

Went to Radio Shack, bought some 12 volt LEDs with resistors built in. With some soldering it went aweosme and the jewel lights up perfect. It also makes an X shape since I cut and used a CD cover under the jewel. Great Advice. I will have some pictures up soon but as for now, im gonig to play it!!!!

Old Post 19-08-2003 00:13
rambo_rules86

Metal Shielding

I was wondering if that metal sheeting inside the top of the top cover was important, and what it exactly does? thanks

Old Post 19-08-2003 03:33
TykSak

Its not you can leave it out

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 19-08-2003 06:26