IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Change Jewel lettering color
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TykSak

Change Jewel lettering color

Since you also have to remove the chrome XBOX lettering you can use:
Brake Cleaner, oven cleaner, paintthinner, alcohol or any other chemical that wont melt or cloud up the jewel (but NEVER use acetone)

Mask of as much of the jewel as possible but allowing you to get paint into the now empty XBOX letters and "fill" them with the color of your choice (second coat might be needed to fill them)

Once the paint has dryed

Remove the masking tape

Sand the excess paint of (link to XBOX jewel sanding and polishing.htm)

Now you´re jewel should look like this (if you chose green) and you can stop now and light up the jewel with a CC

Or you can mask of the front of the jewel and give the jewel a nice background color

When its dry you´re done

Visit my 19" rack site

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2004 23:52
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
regre7

I'm trying to do this particular thing to my jewel, but I haven't had much success. I've used lots of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, applied with a cotton swab, and now I'm trying paint thinner.

Do I need to agitate the chrome Xbox lettering or something?

Old Post 24-05-2005 20:34
regre7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for regre7 Click here to Send regre7 a Private Message Find more posts by regre7 Add regre7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Yes I used a toothpick and even then it took a long time (be careful with the paint thinner i can make the jewel crack)

Some have put hotmelt in the lettering and pulled it ou along with the chrome when is was dry

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 24-05-2005 20:56
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
regre7

Do you mean hot glue when you say hotmelt? I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but it kinda sounds like it would be. If you're not familiar with that specific term, it's clear stuff that you stick in a gun and it comes out all hot and viscous.

I think I may go back to isopropyl alcohol and use a toothpick. The paint thinner doesn't seem to have done anything.

Old Post 24-05-2005 21:59
regre7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for regre7 Click here to Send regre7 a Private Message Find more posts by regre7 Add regre7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
regre7

Well, I got all of the chrome off, but the spray paint just doesn't seem thick enough. This combined with the scuffs and chips I've made in it have driven me to insanity. So I just bought a jewel off of llamma.com instead (got the atomic one).

Old Post 25-05-2005 15:14
chase7221234

painting an xobx

I really love what you did to your xbox, painting it green and black. It's a really good job. I want to do the same but with silver paint instead of that black and the same color green. I have two xboxs. One blew up. So im gunna take the shell off of that 1 for the painting process and just switch the shell on the one that blew up to the one im using now. It made a loud boom and smoke came out of it. Just 2 tell u it didnt explode.

Old Post 29-09-2005 03:33
chase7221234 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chase7221234 Click here to Send chase7221234 a Private Message Find more posts by chase7221234 Add chase7221234 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

thx the one I did is dark silver and green BTW to bad about your box blowing up, is it beyond repair?

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 29-09-2005 03:38
zennegen

help

i dont get any of that stuff about the coloring!!!and which side do i sand on, the silver side, or the green side???

Old Post 10-02-2006 22:55
zennegen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zennegen Click here to Send zennegen a Private Message Find more posts by zennegen Add zennegen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote