IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Win XP / Xbox: SMB Sharing
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TykSak

Control Panel > Folder Options
Select the "View" tab
Find "Use simple file sharing (Recommended)" and unwing it

Visit my 19" rack site

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2005 07:44
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naatta

That works for XP but not for 2000.

1) In "My Computer - Manage - System tools - Shared Folders - Shares" I can see my shared perfectly.

2) But if I try to add Network Places from "My Network Places - Add Network Places" I get following error:

The network place could not be added because the following error has occured:
The network path was not found.

3) Browsing "My Network Places - Entire Network - Microsoft Windows Network - Workgroup" will give an error:

Workgroup is not accessible.
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

Any idea what is wrong in my PC share configuration?

Old Post 01-08-2005 08:13
naatta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naatta Click here to Send naatta a Private Message Find more posts by naatta Add naatta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naatta

I did it

Read the full story from SMB Network Share

Old Post 02-08-2005 11:39
naatta is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naatta Click here to Send naatta a Private Message Find more posts by naatta Add naatta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
netsonic

TykSak, thank you for this great post.
I don't want to share the whole drive as you indicated in the post, so I share My video, My music and My picture folders which are under My Documents folder
but I didn't share My Documents folder, I cann't see all these three folders in XBMC SMB

but if I share any other folders under My Documents folder, I can see and access to them, is that weird?

Old Post 17-11-2005 22:01
netsonic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for netsonic Click here to Send netsonic a Private Message Find more posts by netsonic Add netsonic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Windows puts extra security restrictions on your "My Documents" folder thats why I made a folder in the root of my C drive and share that.

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 17-11-2005 22:29
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
netsonic

I need to make my post more clear:
1. I didn't share "My documents"
2. I share "My video", "My music" and "My picture", which is under "My documents", but I can't see those folder in SMB
3. I share other folders, which are also under "My documents", and I can see and access to those folders.

Do you mean Windows put extra security restrictions on "My video", "My music" and "My picture"?

Thanks

Old Post 17-11-2005 22:36
netsonic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for netsonic Click here to Send netsonic a Private Message Find more posts by netsonic Add netsonic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

yes its so you dont share your personal stuff on your network, you can try accessing the folders from another PC to test it.

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 17-11-2005 22:39
netsonic

Is there any workaround?

Old Post 17-11-2005 22:43
TykSak

You could try to "logon" with you windows password instead of xbox:xbox

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 18-11-2005 20:18
mitch_yap

is it possible to share 2 folders?

ex"
<bookmark>
<name></name>
<path>smb://ip/diskdrive/foldername</path>
<path>smb://ip/diskdrive/foldername2</path>
<bookmark>

Old Post 30-03-2006 14:19
mitch_yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch_yap Click here to Send mitch_yap a Private Message Find more posts by mitch_yap Add mitch_yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Yes but you have to do it like this:

<bookmark>
<name>foldername</name>
<path>smb://ip/diskdrive/foldername</path>
</bookmark>

<bookmark>
<name>foldername2</name>
<path>smb://ip/diskdrive/foldername2</path>
</bookmark>

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 30-03-2006 15:25
mitch_yap

oh thanks....

Old Post 06-04-2006 09:31
mitch_yap is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mitch_yap Click here to Send mitch_yap a Private Message Find more posts by mitch_yap Add mitch_yap to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleeptalker

Question

What's the use of adding the user "xbox" to "Access this computer from the network" when "everyone" already are allowed. This setting doesn't make anything more secure.

Old Post 02-06-2006 00:18
sleeptalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleeptalker Click here to Send sleeptalker a Private Message Find more posts by sleeptalker Add sleeptalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote