IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Konsoller / Consoles > Painting an XBOX!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
koolkev

Painting an XBOX!!!

OK... I'm such a newbie it's not even funny... Now... I want to learn how to paint my XBOX... I want to know what to do... like the process you go through to make your XBOX sweet... and the details like what kind of paint u use everything.... Like I said before I have no clue what I'm doing and I have to start somewhere.... WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME!!!

THANX IN ADVANCE!!!

Kevin
aka kool kev

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 13-11-2004 18:20
koolkev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for koolkev Click here to Send koolkev a Private Message Find more posts by koolkev Add koolkev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tweakmod

Hi kool kev.

I have not modded my x-box yet (actually it hasn't arrived, I just got it off ebay) but I plan on painting it. However, I have modded computers before. When I paint a case I use masking tape, a dremel (for any cuts needed), and spray paint. For my x-box though, I think I will be using some kind of auto paint from a local auto parts store. That is what my friends and I paint our bikes with, so I would expect it to work a lot better than spray paint. Spray paint doesnt hold long, and it doesn't go on even. When your painting, make sure to take everything out of your case, including all the buttons. If you paint with buttons still attached, they will stick afterwords. If you plan on making details in the paint and not just one solid color. Make a stencil with some thick paper. I prefer using masking tape whenever I can becuase the paint cant run inter it like it can with paper. If you look at my webpage you can see my PC mods: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pgunnels/modding.htm

The first one has the best paint job (and the flames on top look better than what the pic shows). All that was done with masking tape. Have fun painting your x-box. Just remember not to paint it with all the parts in it!

-Paul

Old Post 15-11-2004 13:48
tweakmod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tweakmod Click here to Send tweakmod a Private Message Visit tweakmod's homepage! Find more posts by tweakmod Add tweakmod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
koolkev

So u used a stencil to make the flames or what?!?!

Thanx

Kevin
aka koolkev

Old Post 15-11-2004 21:19
koolkev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for koolkev Click here to Send koolkev a Private Message Find more posts by koolkev Add koolkev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tweakmod

quote:
Originally posted by koolkev
So u used a stencil to make the flames or what?!?!

Thanx

Kevin
aka koolkev

I made my own stencil aout of masking tape and paper

Old Post 16-11-2004 17:00
tweakmod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tweakmod Click here to Send tweakmod a Private Message Visit tweakmod's homepage! Find more posts by tweakmod Add tweakmod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AMoEcH

Slibe?

Sliber i på xboxen før den males eller hvordan. Og hvad med grunder..?

Old Post 30-11-2004 08:12
AMoEcH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AMoEcH Click here to Send AMoEcH a Private Message Find more posts by AMoEcH Add AMoEcH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Du skal kune slibe hvis du vil have den helt blank eller den har store ridser der skal væk

Grunder kan hjælpe farver med at fremtræde bedre

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 02-12-2004 08:16
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AMoEcH

Okay.. men er grunder vigtig for at farven bliver siddende ordenligt, altså ikke skaller

Old Post 02-12-2004 08:37
AMoEcH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AMoEcH Click here to Send AMoEcH a Private Message Find more posts by AMoEcH Add AMoEcH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

ja hvis dit maling har svært ved at hæfte på plastic

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 02-12-2004 10:34
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mad_mod

Wink

hey kool kev,

what i did was i got tape, i suggest askin tape or somthing that will stick but not too well. ake sure you cover up or tape any part of the xbox you don't want painted or want it to be a diff. color. then get your paint of choice and begin to spray the not covered parts......at a distance i say about half a foot. keep spraying till you get a nice shiny coat then set it some where will nothing will fly on to it and let it dry ( you may set it under a lamp). then when dry remove tape walla. and if you want to paint any other parts repeat cover up with tape and yah repeat.

Old Post 19-01-2005 10:22
mad_mod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mad_mod Click here to Send mad_mod a Private Message Find more posts by mad_mod Add mad_mod to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote