IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Xbox: Jewel Sanding and Polishing Guide Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Fuz!on

well im not planning to paint my jewel but i was planning to put leds behind it

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 25-12-2004 15:13
Fuz!on is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fuz!on Click here to Send Fuz!on a Private Message Find more posts by Fuz!on Add Fuz!on to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darloudsha

I have the same problem as Fuz!on!
I'm going to put leds behind it too.
Do you see much of it then??

Old Post 07-01-2005 20:20
Darloudsha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darloudsha Click here to Send Darloudsha a Private Message Find more posts by Darloudsha Add Darloudsha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

I dont think it will be a problem unless you get really close

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 07-01-2005 23:27
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EatnPlayBox

Cleaning off Jewel

I used carb cleaner, took me like 10 minutes of hard scrubbing came right off

Old Post 08-01-2005 20:04
EatnPlayBox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EatnPlayBox Click here to Send EatnPlayBox a Private Message Find more posts by EatnPlayBox Add EatnPlayBox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MrShadow

try compound!

my dad used a machine for putting compound on cars.

my jewel was so cloudy, you could not see through it. Try it with the machine, if you have it (it did not work by hand with me)
it left my jewel super clear!

brasso might work even better, but i did not try that.

Old Post 08-02-2005 22:30
MrShadow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MrShadow Click here to Send MrShadow a Private Message Find more posts by MrShadow Add MrShadow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CuddlyBurrito

i scratched the top of my jewel taking it off...... is there any way i can get them off....there kind of deep????

plz help

Old Post 05-04-2005 22:49
CuddlyBurrito is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CuddlyBurrito Click here to Send CuddlyBurrito a Private Message Find more posts by CuddlyBurrito Add CuddlyBurrito to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

you could try to sand it out or buy a new one at www.llamma.com/xbox

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 05-04-2005 22:52
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daniel

I did all this and i wanted to make it even clearer by doing the toothpaste thing but it didnt work, what did i do wrong? does it have to be a certain kind of toothpaste?

Old Post 05-05-2005 01:59
Daniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel Click here to Send Daniel a Private Message Find more posts by Daniel Add Daniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

something with a "whitening" effect but you can use any king of polishing compound

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 05-05-2005 02:19
regre7

I've been following your tutorial (it's great!), but I've run into a problem. I've removed my jewel by the freezing method, but I can't get the adhesive off very effectively. I popped it back into the freezer for a few minutes after I got it off the Xbox chassis and when it gets near room temperature, I put it back in the freezer for a few minutes. The only minor success I've had is prying the glue from the space above the engraved Xbox chrome.

How can I get the adhesive to peel off as easily as you described it?

EDIT: Also, what type/brand of paint do you typically use?

Last edited by regre7 on 21-05-2005 at 22:40

Old Post 21-05-2005 20:57
regre7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for regre7 Click here to Send regre7 a Private Message Find more posts by regre7 Add regre7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
regre7

I feel really stupid now. I managed to get the adhesive off with a really small screwdriver and many trips to the freezer, but now in the process of sanding my jewel, I accidentally started sanding the wrong side. I caught myself before five seconds, but the scuffs are still there. I was using 1600 grit. Is there any way I can repair the scuff?

Also, is there anything special I need to do to water sand besides put water on the sandpaper?

Old Post 22-05-2005 00:17
regre7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for regre7 Click here to Send regre7 a Private Message Find more posts by regre7 Add regre7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

I use the car paint (Motip)

You can try to buff the scratches but someone has also had luck with putting clear coat on a scuffed jewel.

Noting special about water sanding, the water just help remove the dust.

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 24-05-2005 07:33
regre7

For the scratched jewel:
I have a polishing kit for a Dremel, but no Dremel (we do have a drill press, though). It has some polishing solution or something and an assortment of buffers/dohickys. Would that work?

Also, what specific kind of Motip paint did you use to get the black background on the jewel used in your green Xbox in the "Any Color Jewel" thread? I went to their website and was amazed at all of the choices.

Old Post 24-05-2005 15:15
TykSak

I havnt tried buffing a jewel myself

I use the Motip carpaint for acrylic

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 24-05-2005 15:18
lperrozzi

Ok im fairly new to case modding.
Im going to start painting my case probably today.
Was just thinking though, has neone actually repainted their jewel to match their paint job. If so how'd ya do it??

Old Post 26-07-2005 10:42
lperrozzi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lperrozzi Click here to Send lperrozzi a Private Message Visit lperrozzi's homepage! Find more posts by lperrozzi Add lperrozzi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote