IndexSiden.dk | dyfo.dk | StrikeForce.dk
ModZone.dk
Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search
ModZone.dk : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 ModZone.dk > ModZone.dk Fora > Vejledninger / Guides / Tutorials > Xbox: Jewel Sanding and Polishing Guide Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jnh_fan

I did this to one of my Mad Catz controllers, and it looks really cool. (except I kinda screwed it up, because I painted my own logo on it) But, I was wondering if you knew if it is possible to do this to an Official Controller "S"? The jewel on that seems kinda rubber-like.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 21-08-2003 05:20
jnh_fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jnh_fan Click here to Send jnh_fan a Private Message Find more posts by jnh_fan Add jnh_fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Softco

Hmm... I am going to attempt this by myself, but I just need a really good guide with pictures to help me out. Can someone help me? All I need is a good guide for REMOVING the jewel. After that, I'll be fine. Can someone please help me? I am begging for help because I am just 13 years old (yeah, modded it with an Xecuter2.0 Lite w/Evox, 4977, MXM, games, etc..) so don't think I'm a n00b .

Thanks in advance,
Softco

Old Post 28-08-2003 23:22
Softco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Softco Click here to Send Softco a Private Message Visit Softco's homepage! Find more posts by Softco Add Softco to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Maybe this will help you out a little?
http://www.modzone.dk/forums/showth...?s=&threadid=49

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 29-08-2003 02:41
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rambo_rules86

That 401 Error guy, when you buy the front led and top jewel led kit, does it come all assembled and then you just hot glue it in place or how does it work and where do you install it on your motherboard?

Old Post 01-09-2003 19:11
rambo_rules86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rambo_rules86 Click here to Send rambo_rules86 a Private Message Find more posts by rambo_rules86 Add rambo_rules86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rambo_rules86

I have seen the hurricane fan grill (80mm) for the jewel with the LEDs that have the swirl effect, best jewel I have ever seen. Can anyone tell me how to install this bad boy or at least what I need, because they other one is in German and I don't know if it's a step by step tutorial or what.

Last edited by rambo_rules86 on 06-09-2003 at 05:17

Old Post 06-09-2003 05:13
rambo_rules86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rambo_rules86 Click here to Send rambo_rules86 a Private Message Find more posts by rambo_rules86 Add rambo_rules86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jordanus

hey, ok, i gotta question.

i followed that guide. with a few exceptions.

1) i let it sit in a mix of paint thinner and acetone nail polish remover.

2) i scraped off all the paint with a tiny butter/cheese knife, rounded etc.

3) there were scrathes all over so i used the tooth paste method and put it on a toothbrush and throughly rubbed.
nothing changed.

4) so i took a dual grit sand paper sponge (pretty grity) and went liek mad on it. then i used sum 600 then to sum 900. i was doing this using the tape as a handle as u instructed.
now, i got 2 thumb shaped scratch circles on my jewel. one above the XBOX writing and one below. they almost look like miny lip imprints.

5) i tried using ll the sandpapers again and i included the toothpaper on paper rubing method at the end. i still got the same turn out. i also tried using differnt tape posititions, cuz obviosuly i was using to much pressure where my thumb and fingers where.

still no change.

What do i do? please?

-> also, its is kinda cloudy, not clear, like cloudy, lol.
how do i get rid of this, thanx.

Old Post 06-10-2003 03:18
Jordanus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jordanus Click here to Send Jordanus a Private Message Find more posts by Jordanus Add Jordanus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

As you figured the imprints may be from excerting to much pressure, so be more gentle and make sure you use each grit of sandpaper until the jewel is level, this should also help avoiding cloudyness (unless the cloudyness is from the acetone)

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 06-10-2003 04:25
TykSak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TykSak Click here to Send TykSak a Private Message Visit TykSak's homepage! Find more posts by TykSak Add TykSak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thejt

You guys are going about removing your jewels ass backwards.. Heat only makes adhesive tape even more adhesive.

Stick the cover to your xbox in the freezer for a few minutes.. Take it out and smack the underside (with the tin shield out) with a hammer and bam.. Jewel is out. No cracks, no scuffs or chips.

As for sanding.. I like the Idea.. Keep in mind that if you use a acetone or thinner or any strong solvent to clean the green paint off the jewel you also either damage or completely remove the Chrome Xbox paint as well.. So sanding is a good method to keep the factory xbox logo still in tact.

Last edited by thejt on 05-11-2003 at 23:04

Old Post 05-11-2003 23:01
thejt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thejt Click here to Send thejt a Private Message Find more posts by thejt Add thejt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

quote:
Originally posted by thejt
You guys are going about removing your jewels ass backwards.. Heat only makes adhesive tape even more adhesive.

Go to page one and read read again its all covered

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 06-11-2003 00:54
db0x0r

has anyone been able to de-cloud their jewel after it has became cloudy?

-----------------
XboX v1.0
Western Digital 60gb
MXM and EvoX

Old Post 28-11-2003 11:17
db0x0r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for db0x0r Click here to Send db0x0r a Private Message Visit db0x0r's homepage! Find more posts by db0x0r Add db0x0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

did you use acetone or another solvent?

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 28-11-2003 12:08
db0x0r

both... hehe... i was using nail polish remover and then after that clouded it up i tried citris goo off and that made it even worse.

i finally got a hold of myself and once i regained my self control i went to walmart and got this stuff that got it all off. it is a rubbing compound specifically used for removing "grade 1500 or finer sanding scratches, medium oxidation, coarse swirl marks or water marks" i got my electric car buffer and cleared that thing right up.

3M Rubbing Compound Professional Formula

Old Post 28-11-2003 17:11
db0x0r is offline Click Here to See the Profile for db0x0r Click here to Send db0x0r a Private Message Visit db0x0r's homepage! Find more posts by db0x0r Add db0x0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wazz_up

Can anyone tell me how to get a light in the on/off button ?

Old Post 04-12-2003 19:27
Wazz_up is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wazz_up Click here to Send Wazz_up a Private Message Find more posts by Wazz_up Add Wazz_up to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TykSak

Like this?

Visit my 19" rack site

Old Post 05-12-2003 10:30
gabsoner

I have polished the jewel and cut a hole with a ledge for the jewel to rest on. I need help with a few things.

1. Do I glue the jewel around the outer permiator of it and rest it on the ledge?

2. How do I connect the lights to the xbox mother board or power supply? (please include photo's if possible)

3. How do i put the leds (lights) in place for it to glow through the jewel.

Kind Regards and All the best.

Old Post 17-12-2003 07:42
gabsoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabsoner Click here to Send gabsoner a Private Message Find more posts by gabsoner Add gabsoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote